Welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful spring break. It's time to come back and hit it hard. Our semester, indeed our school year, is near closing and we have quite a b it to still accomplish. Give it your all and finish strongly. Be encouraged!
"Start by doing what's necessary , then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
St. Francis of Assisi
April 7-13, 2013
Mon, Apr 8
Grammar: Start chpt. 6: Prepositons, Conjunctions and Interjections p. 142 Do 6-1 through 6-3 in class. See below for objectives.
Sp/Voc: unit 14 homework and drill will be Thursday.
Tues., Apr 9
Grammar: Functions of prepostional phrases pp. 144-145 and do 6-4 and 6-5 in class. Using prepostions correctly and troublesome prepostions pp. 146-147 and do 6-6 and 6-7 in class. Any unfinished work will be homework.
Wed., Apr 10
Grammar: Go over any homework and teach students to diistinguish between prepostions and adverbs Do 6-8 and 6-9 in class on p. 148. Misplaced prepostional phrases on p. 150 and do 6-10 and 6-11. Any unfinished work will be homework due on Friday.
Sp/Voc: Unit 14 homework due and review and drill today.
Thurs., Apr 11
Grammar: If we finish sp/voc early please work on Wednesday's assignment.
Sp/Voc: Homework and review day!
Fri., Apr 12
Grammar: Go over any grammar homework from Wednesday.
LIT: Read " A Just Judge" by Leo Tolstoy on p. 137 and we will discuss the questions.
Sp/Voc. Unit 14 quiz.
Grammar Objectives- Chapter 6
- identify prepositions, objects of prepositions, and prepositional phrases in sentences.
- differentiate adjectival prepositonal phrass from adverbial prepositional phrases.
- supply prepositional phrases for sentences.
- select the correct preposition to complete a sentence.
- distinguish between a prepositon and an adverb by using the context of a sentence.
- write sentences using prepositions correctly.
- distinguish between coordinating conjunctions and correlative conjunctions in sentences.
- write sentences using coordinating and correlative conjunctions correctly.
- identify subordinating conjunctions in sentences.
- write sentences uning subordinating conjunctions correctly.
- identify interjections in sentences.
- wrote sentences uning interjections correctly.
- distinguish between prepositions, conjunctions and interjections in sentences.
April 14-20, 2013
Mon. Apr. 15
Grammar: Go over and check 6-12- 6-14 and teach subordinating conjunctions p. 157. Do 6-15 in class and 6-16 - 6.19 maybe homework.
Tues. Apr 16
Grammar: Check hw 6-16- 6-19 and teach interjections. Any unfinished work is homework.
Wed. Apr. 17
Grammar: Check any homework and do 6-20 and review worksheets.
Thurs. Apr 18
Grammar: Go over review sheets and do the review in the book.
Fri. Apr 19
Grammar: Pretest 6 and the test will be April 29 due to SAT testing.